Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saliva In Concert

OH.MY.DEAR.GOD. The concert was so fun! I have to start at the beginning of my day though for the full effect of our day on Thursday! I had the day off so I got to sleep in as late as I wanted. I was awake my 10. Great. Now what? I was sitting in front of my good ol' buddy thenest when Adam called and asked me to come into his store and help him with some things he needed to do so that he could get out on time. I said yes and started getting ready. 2 hours later I finally head out the door and am on my way. Working there wasn't very fun. Putting numbers in the computer. Yeay. After that, we did his other work and then went home to change. We then call to see if we could buy tickets ahead of time and were told we needed to pick them up in person by 6 for the discount. DAMN! That was about 1Hr 15 mins away! We would never make it no matter how we drove. Tried to ask his friend to go pick them up. Nope. Too lazy. DAMN! I really wanted to go and there were going to be tickets at the door but no guarantee that we would get them. So I called good ol' Daddy. Thought he was down there visiting his girlfriend. He said he would go get them for us but it would be about 5:45 when he got there. I didn't realize he was at home! (30 miles away from the tickets) but he still agreed. That said and done, we kept driving. I think its a good time to point out that the weather was REALLY bad and at times, the water was sitting on the road and pulling cars all over. We were making great time when I saw this THING walking onto the road. I thought it was a HUGE crow or a raven. I told Adam to slow down because it wasn't running or flying. He slams on the brakes and lays on the horn, Its a damn WILD TURKEY! Well, it flew up and over the car just in time and slammed back onto the road. It then realized it was time to get out of the road and booked it out of there. Dumb animal. Well, long story short, my dad made it in time for the tickets (and got a few weird comments from the other concert goers) and when we picked them up, he gave me my late birthday present. A monkey etching. A Momma monkey and a baby monkey. It looks professionally done. My dad did this. Anyway, we stood outside the hall for the concert and were waiting to get in. The rain kept getting worse and worse. Thank God we got under the canopy before hand!
The opener band was really bad. It seemed more like the lead "singer" wanted to be the lead screamer. It was noise, not music. Saliva came on stage and I gotta say, the lead singer is a little heavier than I thought he was in the video, but who am I to judge. WOW. What a bunch of characters! One looked like he belonged in Ozzy's crew and another looked like he belonged next to Slash from Guns N Roses! The drummer's dreds were as long as my hair used to be (down to his waist). The guitar guy(the Ozzy guy) was spitting/spraying beer all over and probably not even playing half the time, just getting drunk and bathing in the beer. It was hard to NOT watch! The music was awesome and the bouncers. OMG the one was badass! He jumped into the mosh pit to calm the stupid ones down and stepped on my one calf. OUCHIE! When he came out (backing up and jerking as he went) I saw that he had a guy by the back of his shirt and around the neck. WITH ONE HAND. The other arm was pinning another guy's head against his chest making the guy look like a bug on his back, spazing before dying. I totally forgave him for hurting me by just watching him pull these guys along like they were rag dolls! The concert ended on a really good note and they promised to come back real soon (I really hope so) and then left. Adam and I were talking about it the whole way home. If you have the chance to go see Saliva and like their genre of music, I highly recommend you go. It was so much fun.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm not a fan of Saliva, but I'm glad you survived the weather and wild turkey. Sounds like a wild night!