Ok, so its been about a week and a half to two weeks since we got our little bugger. Since Ceadee has been around, Adam and I have been super close. I think its a part of us that we really needed to get. He's so proud when she does the smallest things and the smallest things she does just melts his heart. She does this for me too. I love waking up every 2-3 hours to put her in her litter box and then feed her. I love putting her on my chest and napping with her. I suppose I better go back and tell the story of how we got her.
Well, my in laws have a pole barn with a false floor. Their dog must have heard the kittens crying and started to dig. After so long, there was a big hole under the barn and out tumbled a bunch of kittens. Well, the dog grabbed one up and took it over by the house. The momma cat must have started moving the kittens at that point because my father in law saw that the dog had slobbered up the kitten. He picked it up, dried it off, and tried to put it back. After about 45 mins he went back and saw that all the other kittens were gone except the one he had put back. She was abandoned. Poor thing was all slobbered up and no momma to clean her up! So my mother in law decided that our family should raise this kitten and see if we could get it to live. She called Adam and asked him if we would be willing to take care of a small kitten for a little while. We agreed and tried to keep in mind that she might not live because she's not with her mother anymore and wasn't eating. I fell in love at first sight. I even had a hard time letting anyone else hold her. I made sure to keep her close and warm as much as possible. When we weighed her on June 19th, she was a healthy .72 lbs. We went and wieghed her again yesterday (Thursday) and were shocked to see her balloon out to a plump .96 lbs. She gained almost a full quarter pound in exactly one week! She's been getting bigger, stronger, and more hungry everyday. Adam and I have also agreed that we aren't going to give her back. We have spent way too much time and energy (and money) to give her back and have my in laws put her outside and have her killed or taken away by a bigger animal. She's going to be an inside cat that goes outside for a while everyday. She has been taking pretty well to litter box training and more solid foods. She sleeps almost constantly. She's amazingly cute and makes us so happy to have her.
I also think that its true that having animals relaxes you. If I get pregnant this cycle of not, I know I'm going to be ok with it because I still have a baby that I can spoil and carry around. On top of it all, Adam and I can go to Valleyfair together. That is exciting all in itself!
Forever growing, this boy of ours...
14 years ago


2 comments:
I'm so glad your kitty is doing so well. :) I agree, without my dog I don't know where I'd be in all of this. She brings me so much comfort and calm.
That's awesome!!! I'm so glad ya'll have a little kitty! My husband and I adopted 2 abandoned kitties last year and they are so much like our children. There are pictures of them on my blog!
Thanks for responding to my post on the Nest Baby yesterday. It's been hard, but things are getting a lot better. Like you, I'm trying to concentrate on TTC and other things (like kittens!). Also, our new house is keeping me busy.
Enjoy your little kitten and post some pictures if you can!
-Andrea "still_a_bride"
christmasinmarch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment