Friday, May 23, 2008

Just another day in paradise

Finally, the company has left. Actually, he left when I was getting ready for work. I love the guy to death, but he over stayed his welcome. Thanks hunny, for letting him stay again, despite knowing that him sleeping in the living room totally screwed up my routine. Its really hard to walk around half naked when there is a guy sleeping in your living room. I normally get up, grab my pjs, wander out to the computer and turn it on. While I'm finding food, I'll get dressed into my pjs and then sit down for a little "me" time. Its hard to do that with someone sleeping on your living room floor right up against where the chair sits, let alone be able to walk from the bathroom to the bedroom to get clothes! Oh well, thank God he's out of here for a little while. Maybe next time Adam will actually clean out his room and we can put guests in there!
My temp actually didn't crash. I gotta say, I was shocked. Excited too because this means I still have a small chance. I'm not putting much merit into it though. I never really thought I would be facing 5 cycles of trying and adding a miscarriage into the mix. I think I've said that before but its that hard to wrap my mind around. I'm really hopeful for more of the others on GP to get their BFP. I like stalking their charts and watching them hopefully get that positive test.
Once again, my job has been frustrating me. My boss is wanting me to watch my hours and make sure I don't go over again while there are 2 co-irkers that are literally trying to get fired on purpose in order to collect unemployment and be lazy. They do anything and everything they can to piss everyone else off and just don't give a damn. Today, it took one of them (not even kidding, I wish I were making this up) TEN minutes to come down the stairs and get up to the service counter to relieve me. Its literally a process that takes about 1-2 minutes. It took her 10. She knows that she's the reason most people are over on their hours but really doesn't care. The other girl was told to go on break because she was holding up the whole process and we had 3 girls who needed to go as soon as she got back (only one cashier can go on break at a time so that we are never shorthanded, also we can't go on break after half past the hour because it leaves us short). When she was told she needed to go so that the rest of us could go she said "tough shit. Sounds like your problem. not mine. I could really give a shit if you get to go on break or not." I really wish slapping her was legal. We are talking about a 17 y/o and a 24y/o. Real mature ladies! I can't wait until they do get canned in such a way that they don't get unemployment. Its a lot more work to get the paperwork going in the union, but its totally worth it in the end. I really wish I could find a friggin massage job that was full time, year round. Then I could leave the store and work on my own schedule with no worries about stupid co-irkers! Either that or I need to get pregnant and work from home. Barefoot and pregnant. Sadly enough, that would be a dream job right now. Maybe someday. Hopefully someday soon. Que the music. Its just another day in my paradise.

No comments: