Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don'tcha just love inlaws?

I swear to you, the following is a recount of my sunday at the Inlaws. Enjoy this lovely little peach.
*Megan and Adam enter IL house, take off shoes, and welcome hugs ensue, then M & A enter kitchen*
MIL: I need your address for the shower invites. I don't know where the last piece of paper went that had your info on it. You two NEED to go. Or at least send a damn gift.
FIL: Adam, what the fuck is your issue? Are you never happy anymore?
A: Just shut up and leave it alone
FIL: Grow the fuck up. Just say what is so wrong about what your mother said.
A: Its KIND OF a REALLY sore subject for fuck sake.
FIL: Its not the baby's damn fault you lost yours. Grow the fuck up and get over it. You should be supporting your cousin, not resenting him. Its not like they did it on purpose. And besides, it happened a long time ago. Get over it and grow up. You going to carry this chip on your shoulder your whole life now?
A: Just Shut the fuck up. I told you to shut up and leave it alone and you just HAD to push it. Just shut up. Leave it be already
FIL: So you are going to blame everyone else for what happened? Its obvious you are trying too hard and forcing it to happen. It just wasn't meant to be.
A: Just shut your face.
*M gives address while A walks out of the room. Tears are being held back. After M is done giving the address, MIL goes to the other room with A. M soon follows*
A: Why does it always have to be this way? we are in the god damn door 5 mins and get yelled at. And I told him to just shut up. Why does everyone have to throw in their 2 cents?
MIL: I know, but you know how your dad gets
A: Well guess what? M and I are going home. Its just too much to deal with this every time we come down
MIL: Don't be stupid. Just go do what you were going to do before that happened
*MIL walks out of the room and M and A comfort each other and cry*

not even kidding. it was just so hard to keep myself from reaching across the kitchen and slapping my FIL. They just don't get it. Did I mention they were pretty much top-of-your-lungs yelling at each other?
I also talked to my mom and found out I inherited her fertility. I know, I know. Its not really possible, but thing is, my mom hasn't had a stable and consistant cycle since she was on the pill. When I was in grade school they actually put her on the pill to get it regulated out. I also asked how long it took to concieve me. She said it was about 2 years because she was lucky to get a period every other month. Sound familiar? explains a lot though. She is still dealing with this, but at least now she knows what to expect and she's making sure she doesn't have any more kids (using protection or is back on the pill, I'm assuming). All this time I also thought my mom was telling me the whole "relax..." speel. I've come to figure out that she's actually telling me she can relate. She asked me to call after my drs appointment and everything. When I told her what had gone on in the office, she was supportive and gave me questions to ask and the likes. It feels SO GOOD to have another family member in our corner. She may not be close in distance, but she's close in other ways. Its been so helpful.
So, with the drs appointment, it was with a physician's assistant. Basically the same as a dr, but one step down. Not really sure what the difference is but ok.
So, this lady has 4 kids of her own. I'm thinking she had no issues because she was telling me how I was so late (cd 32, yet to O) and it would show on a test so she was going to make sure I took one (a pg test). Well, she also tested for stds and any infections and the likes because she can't really do anything else but she gave me names of other people to talk to. she did the tests and when she had me go PIAC for the test, I quick stole a specimen bag and used it to hold my OPK after I dipped it. Both came back BFN. Get back into the room and she says "I really wish I could tell you that you are pg, but I can't. You have a slight overgrowth of bacteria (lovely) but you aren't pg and aren't close to bleeding. I don't get it" I told her "Yea, I know. Because I chart all this out and I know I should be Oing soon. I'm not even LATE yet." "Oh. So you are one of THOSE people. I see now. Well, have you ever thought of doing anything to get yourself back on a 28 day cycle?" "like what? the pill? No. I've NEVER been 28 days except when I was on the pill. I'm never going back to that" "well then you should talk to one of the OBs to see what they can figure out for you."
Stupid dr. I told her no less than 4 times that I have long cycle and was actually gearing up to O. Next time she prescribes that stupid gel to me though, I'm going to tell her to shove that shit up her va-jay-jay and walk around with it for five days.
Now I remember why I loved Dr. Leland.

4 comments:

rls07 said...

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all that from your IL's to your Dr. I'm glad that you have your mother in your corner though. You know I'm always here to talk sweetie. (((Hugs)))

Kerri said...

WOW! I'm sorry about you ILs. That is total crap. I'm glad that your mom is helping you through this though. No offense, but your PA sounds like a tool. :-)

Megan said...

yea she is a tool. A super nice lady, but just not all there. I don't think I would rec her to anyone else unless they just need a check up or something. She was also supposed to give me some shots (boosters) but totally spaced it. brilliant.

Z said...

Wow sweetheart... *hugs* I'm sorry that they can't seem to understand and I can't imagine how that would be to handle. Maybe you two need some time away from them? And you do NOT have to go to that shower.

And your PA sounds...special? lol.. Some Drs just don't get it.