Monday, February 2, 2009

My dr visit

Ok, so I will start off admitting I was freaking about nothing. I was so nervous not knowing what she would say. So, I go in and find out I lost 3 lbs since the 14th (YAY!!) and she said "lose about 10 % of your body weight and that should help with your Oing issues a lot. looks like you have put on a lot of weight since you were here a while ago. and then we need to get YH tested and make sure that he's not part of the IF issue. Its clinic policy for us to test the man before we do anything invasive (lap, hsg, etc) just because they can count for 20-40% of IF couples. So if we could get him tested in the next 3 months, that would be great. I don't think you need the OPKs anymore since you know when you should be Oing. Unless you really want to of course. and when this cycle ends in about 2-4 days, I want you to call and set up an appointment to come in cd 3 and do the glucose, cholesterol, lh, and the works. then come back in a week after you O and will will test you again and incluse progesterone. you will want OPKs for that cycle since it will probably be messed up. My goal is to make sure you are pg by summer so you can show off a little belly and then when october comes, you can paint it orange and make a pumpkin out of it. I'm not willing to stop helping you until you and Adam are ready to stop. You have your age and general health working for you and since its no hurry, we can take everything at your speed. If you were 35, we would be working all our magic all at once."
She also told me about a nurse's sister who was 35 when she got pg with her first through IVF. A few years later she was ready for #2 so they tried again and had to turn to IVF again and got twins. Then, her 6 month post partum (because she opted out of bc) they told her she was pg with another. So now she's preping for baby 4 at 41. so she's like "I'm going to mark on your chart here that you said today if only it were as easy as those who say OOPs I'm pg again...remind you after you get this first one out of the way so that you don't come back with an oops". I can't say enough good about this woman. and while my insurance covers diagnosis of any IF issue and the procedure to fix it, it doesn't cover IF meds (which she wants to stay away from as much as possible) or any IUI, IVF, or anything like that.
I'm so excited. I left floating on a cloud. I pray all ladies get a dr like this woman. She didn't try to discount anything that tcoyf, ovusoft, or any of that said. the only thing she had to offer as advice is not having sex daily since we don't know if there are swimmer issues. and she said also to try the days after O just to make sure. She was just so excited and upbeat about it.
Now to find H insurance for him to get tested...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad your appointment went well! It's great having a doctor who understands and is so supportive! Keep us updated!

Mary said...

I'm SO glad you had such a great appt! She's right - you will be pregnant by the summer! YEY!!

flojat said...

I'm glad you had such a great appt. Left you a comment on TF. Where are you? I miss my Goose!