Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Day!

Well, its that time of year to gather the family around the table and stuff food down their throats until they explode...then you move the beached whales to the living room for a nap and the back for pie! That's Turkey day Goose style.
This year is very different. We had a Turkey day on Sunday to make sure all the family was there because Adam's Great Aunt DiDi is dying. Well, that didn't even work out very well because his cousin (the one with the baby) decided her boyfriend in Detox is more important. I'm thinking Christmas will be the same, but I'm not going there now. It was a great day other wise. I don't think that house has ever been so full of family, food, and love. It brought me close to tears a few times for DiDi to tell everyone "I'm so glad to be here. Jesus wanted me to see this and know that I'm loved. I feel so much better than I did earlier this week" Yea, grab the tissues!
Now, I work tonight and tomorrow 8-2 then its off to Adam's other Aunt and Uncles. This should be interesting.
The very first Christmas I went to on MIL's side of the family was...dramatic. His aunt, MaryAnne (the one hosting this year's turkey) freaked out on all the parents for not watching their kids while they were doing projects and making messes all over their new clothes. I was freaked out by this lady. The next year, her middle child, Logan asked me to get him a piece of chocolate. I said ok and he said "Thanks" and went about his merry way. I looked over and MaryAnne is GLARING at me. Little did I know she forbids her kids to eat any sweets. Only veggies and fruit. Umm, CHILL lady. Its a damn holiday and its not like I poured a 10 lb bag of sugar down his throat. Its a friggin miniture Herseys bar! I was told to ignore her because they also don't like drinking (WTF DUDE!!), swearing (OOPS), and any premarital anything (HEHE). They even have their kids ask to go to the bathroom. Nazi woman.
On top of that, this is the side of the family that is almost purely Oops babies. This year (cause its a new one each year) its Adam's cousin, Cole and his girlfriend Anna. That is trouble waiting to happen. She hasn't been going to the dr like she should, she knows she's having a girl, but the name is SO out there. But Whatever I guess for a 20 y/o. its gonna be hard because I know if I don't drink, they will be asking if I'm pg, and if I do drink, there will be nothing but questions "Why aren't you pg yet?" "You aren't trying hard enough" "Stop trying so hard" and whatever else. I'm thinking about bringing my own box of Kleenex and water proof mascara. Its gonna be a tough day.
But we are going Black Friday shopping. Sounds like we are going to St Cloud and not up here in Brainerd. Lovely. St Cloud is worst than the Twin Cities just because of all the stupid college kids that drive like maniacs. And all we need to do in St Cloud is get our rings inspected. Guess we kinda have to make a day of it down there. Pray I come back alive and not all stressed out! LOL
Now, I challenge anyone reading this to make a list. Things you are thankful for and things you wish for in the new year. Yes, I stole this idea off of TF.
I'm thankful for my family, Adam, Ceadee, our health, our home, our jobs, friends near and far, and all the opportunities we have.
This next year, I'm hoping for a baby (or atleast a BFP), more health and happiness, a better job for me, possibly a house of our own, and all the best to all our friends and family.
Happy Turkey Day! Don't forget your stretch pants!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I heart you, Megan. And I think its a great idea to make a list of those people and the things we are thankful for. No matter how bad things look at times, they are always many things to be thankful for :)

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

Shan's right, as always ;)

I'm sorry about Adam's Aunt :( and I hope your Christmas turns out better than it did with your MIL that time.

((hugs))