Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How sweet it is

So, today I told my mom's parents. It was so cute because I asked my "Poppy" if "Grammy" was around and he said yes and handed her the phone and walked out of the room. I had to wait about 5 mins before she went to tell him that I had something I wanted to tell both of them together. When I told them they were talking over each other super excited and asking all sorts of questions "How far along?" "When are you due?" "When did you find out?" "How are you feeling?" and the works. It was so cute. They are so old fashioned so I had to explain how I knew something was different and how I found out so soon (hard to believe its been almost 2 weeks since we found out!). I am praying I'm as blessed as they both were (never sick, didn't get very big, lost all the weight and a little more very quickly) but have a sinking feeling I'm the odd ball. Always have been. But that's not all the good news in our family right now.
If anyone knows me or my mother's trials from the past 4 years, they would know that my mom has been fighting my little sister's father for custody and to get many of her things back. Well, my mom went to drop off my little sister for his visitation and he wasn't there. We are talking about a real con man so they hung around for a while. Still nothing. Call his job, they say he gave notice he's leaving and probably not coming back. The fucker is GONE! We know that there has to be something behind it so we aren't too optimistic about him being gone for good, but we are enjoying the peace left behind. He had just gotten his ass handed to him big time by a very smart judge and she wasn't letting him get away with anything. She had just taken away his overnights with my sister along with figuring out what money he has to pay taxes and to pay my mom back. He's royally screwed. My sister couldn't be happier along with the rest of the family. We just pray he's gone for good (don't care how, when or where) and my mom gets what's rightfully hers. Not much good news, but in the battle she's been fighting for most of my sister's life, its a huge victory.

No comments: