WOW. I can't believe that last time around, I was on here every week at least. Going over the details and everything. And this time around, I just can't seem to get the time and energy. That little turkey of mine has me running in so many directions all day and the night times I try to unwind but often end up playing mindless games so that I don't have to think anymore.
Well, as most know, we are expecting a new little bundle. We found out we were pregnant again the wednesday before Anthony's first birthday. We were waiting for my period to show up so that we could start trying again. Well, evidently God decided that that plan wasn't quite how it should be. But, its not that much earlier, so we are still really excited. I'm about 15 1/2 weeks, feeling so much better compared to how I was feeling (morning sickness ALL day and night), but the body aches seem to be worse. My back has been extra tight lately. I'm sure this cold I'm fighting is helping with that. I actually dread sneezing and coughing since they are just so painful! But, I have a bump forming. I'm still in that stage where people must be thinking to themselves "She's got a bump. I wonder if she's pg again or if its just left over from the first baby. Could she really just be getting fat?" Well, I'm not getting fat, its a baby growing. I can't believe that the baby is about 1/4 the length that Anthony was born at. That blows me away. We thought when we found out that we were about 6 weeks since I couldn't remember a period to save my life (they hadn't even regulated yet!) but when we went to the dr thinking by that time we were about 8 or 9 weeks, we found out we were almost 7. We had literally found out yet again right around 4 weeks. Insane. I ended up telling my mom that day. I told her I was starting to feel kind of ill and she asked "another cold?" and I had to laugh and tell her no...not quite. Well, she obviously guessed right away and was like "Really? Already? Congrats! Were you even trying yet?" Yea, my mom and I talk about having sex now. NOT what I ever imagined I would be talking to my mom about. If you knew her, you would know why. She's SUPER conservative and reserved. Not so much since I got pg the first time. She's super excited and can't wait until she hears details every time we come back from the dr (DAMN! I forgot again to make that appt!) and can't wait until she gets to meet this little one.
Well, the dr was surprised to see us again and Anthony charmed her like I knew he would. Little lady's man. He's gotta break at least one heart every where we go with those HUGE baby blues! We also told the dr that I didn't want to know what we were having. I want that ultimate surprise. Plus, with everything we have, does it really matter if we have a girl or boy? I have some girl, TONS of boy, and lots of either way stuff. Plus, girls wear blue! MIL is NOT as thrilled about this. Adam wants to know, but he's come around to being at peace with not finding out. Because if he finds out, he'll tell his mom who will tell someone and I'll end up hearing it from someone. Then its a ruined surprise. Like finding out your christmas present in July. Not cool. Oh well, its not their pregnancy. But you can tell a lot of the family is hoping for a little girl. We even got a small outfit for a little girl for christmas. If we end up with a house full of boys (I have boy vibes), then I'll just have to pass all the girl stuff on to someone else or keep it until my kids start their families. Adam seems to think that as long as we have one of each, we are stopping at 3. I'm going to push for #4 when the time comes. I've always had a thing about even numbers.
I haven't really gained any weight (I think I'm down about 5 lbs actually) and was able to nurse Anthony to 13 1/2 months. Quite a feat if you ask me.
Toward the end it was just a little here and there, but I ended up having to quit to make sure there is enough nutrition for the baby and Anthony hasn't been gaining weight like we all would like to see. He's slowly falling off the scale. Don't get me wrong, I like that my child isn't heavy or chunky, but he's THIN. No butt, so his clothes fall off of him. His height has tapered off a bit, but he's still growing. Not much chance to get too tall with both of us being shorter. His head is finally back ON the scale (he was in the 100th% for a while with a HUGE 19 inch melon since 6 mos). But its all brains, I swear. He learns things so quickly! Like he's learned what to do to open the pop up top on the wipes, opening flip top tubes, pushing buttons, moving things so he can get where he wants, putting the top back on his sippy (and he is GOOD at this, he gets it to stay even!). He's such an amazing character. It seems like his personality grows faster than he does! He'll jabber anyone's ear off if given the time, has dialed people on my phone (he called poison control today without me knowing!), knows to slide it open so he can push buttons, and knows what buttons to push to hang up and all. He's just so amazing. I can't get over all the stuff he knows how to do!
Family life (outside the 3.5 of us) has been interesting. The ILs have been getting a little too clingy, so we have been cutting back how often we see them from every weekend to every other which is helping with all the drama. Don't get me wrong, the drama is still there, but there's less. My mom is doing well and still loving her life down there, even though times are tough and all. They are moving soon so pray that they find a nice house in their budget that fits their needs. The place they are in now is a nice place, but its just not working out anymore. As for my dad, HOLY SHMOLY, how much time do we have? So, he phased out the psycho Mary. Thank God since she decided to start a bunch of crap that didn't need to be started (my dad's side doesn't need help with finding stuff to bicker about!) and I've since stopped talking to her. Wouldn't be too bad but he did it the way he always does (he hates being single so the time he's dating each lady tends to over lap a bit) and ended up reconnecting with someone from 25+ years ago. I met her for about an hour or so around Christmas. She seems pretty normal. Well, my dad has spent EVERY holiday since at her house in Kansas City, MO. Then, about a week ago, he decided he was going to tell me what was going on with him since he was being so private. Well, He's decided that he's moving to her neck of the woods since neither one of them can find work. Ok, I can understand that. Don't really like it, but I'll accept it since it is his life and all. That wasn't the only bomb that he laid on me though. He had to add that now this lady was my newest step mom. AND they got married on Jan 15th. Mind you, he told me around the 25th. Doesn't work really well to spring this kind of thing on your daughter. I know there was nothing I could do to change his mind and he's more than welcome to find his happiness in his own way. But telling me that he's moving in 3 weeks and that he got married almost 2 weeks earlier (they had decided to get married around New Year's) was a lot to take, especially since I didn't get a heads up. At least when my mom made life changing plans, she told me BEFORE so I had time to accept it and come to terms. Not feel like an after thought. Well, he didn't like me telling him that I was hurt and made it all into being all my fault that his life is so messed up and all this other drama llama bs. Well, I ended up telling Grandma (his mom) because I knew he would wait a while and she needed to know. I didn't think she was going to tell everyone! Well, we all talked it out and I think that for the most part people have calmed down but there are still hurt feelings. Who knows. I'm just trying to get over all of this happening so quickly.
Ok, enough of that depressing crap. Congrats to you if you actually read that verbal vomit right there. Just a little blog therapy!
Other than all that, life has been going pretty ok. Ready for warmer weather since Anthony and I are starting to get bad cabin fever and need to get out into a nice big area where he can run and play without having to worry about anything else. We don't really have any places where you can take your kids to just let them burn off their energy, so they end up climbing the walls and all until the snow melts. I can't wait to take him to the park and let him RUN! Maybe then he'll get a little more calm during the day!
But that was just a quick update. Hoping to get more on the ball and actually put some posts up about how the pregnancy and Anthony are progressing. Praying for all the best for everyone!
Oh yea, and if you are a praying person, please pray for a VERY close friend of mine. She found out she was pregnant the day before her birthday and ended up suffering a traumatic miscarriage. Pray for healing for her and her fiance. Love you, girl! Chin up and keep on truckin like you always do!!!
Forever growing, this boy of ours...
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment