wow. The things that I've been dealing with since last time. Amazing some days that I still wake up and think, "So, what new things will happen today?". I've gone back to work (in a matter of speaking) and only work about 3 hours a day 2-3 days a week with an occasional Sunday (5 hours), but its ok, lil man and his papa get to hang out during those times and when I come home, I'm greeted by a slightly exhausted hubby and a lil man who is grinning ear to ear and leaning toward me to hold him. It makes me want to break down and cry (yes! even right now just thinking about it!) the happy tears. Anthony notices that his momma is gone for a little while and wants to snuggle for a little bit before dinner and bed time! I've got to admit, that's something amazing that only a working mom (or a mom who is out of the house for a few hours a day, a few times a week) gets to understand. I really recommend it to every mom though. It makes you feel AMAZING. Plus the time out of the house and away from baby helps clear your head, which is ALWAYS a good thing.
On top of going back to work, my mom finally got in contact with my brother. Our fears were true, he was in jail. This time, he was 1000% innocent and the chick who put him there has pretty much put a target on her back for any future guy who would want to be around her. Serves her right for having lied just because she wanted to see what would happen when someone says something like she did about a convicted felon. Bitch. But he's out now and I've gone back to evaluating my relationship with him. Technically I can't have my lil man around him for another 7 months (so a visit is out, along with photos), but there is still an option that I go and see him. I've been debating this because I'm not sure. After all the things he's told everyone else about how he's jealous of me and the fact that mom raised me and he didn't get that same opportunity, I'm not sure how I feel about rebuilding a relationship with him. He only wants to call me when he's drunk or looking for mom. Not quite the kind of thing that works for me. I know that I'm supposed to be a good Christian and forgive and forget, but there's only so many times I can before I just want to throw in the towel and cut my losses.
On a brighter note, I've been going through Anthony's clothes and putting away the 0-3 stuff that doesn't fit and trying to get another wearing out of some of the stuff that barely fits. This means he's in a new outfit after every diaper change. You can imagine that a baby who loves being naked feels about that! He's been turning into such a great sleeper too. He goes down without a fight between 9:30 and 10:30 (depending on if its bath night) after his dinner of a healthy 2.5 oz of whatever the food of the week is mixed with about 1-1.5 oz of rice cereal and water to make it a little thinner than yogurt, but with substance. He eats all of it (usually with out a fight) and then does his clean up/bath and off to bed with a little nursing until his eyelids are too heavy to fight. Then he will usually stay down for 4-5 hours before he wakes up and needs a little more breast milk to get him through the rest of the night. Sometimes he'll wake up another time or two, but lately he's been awesome about sleeping with few wake ups. We have also taken the swaddle away and I'm FIRMLY believing this is the biggest reason as to why he sleeps so well. The night before we took it away, he slept ok, woke up every 2 hours or so. That first night without, he slept 4 hours without waking up. Sometimes he'll wake up, fuss a little bit, and get himself back to sleep with out me doing anything. He's growing so fast. We still have him in the bassinet part of the pack n play (even though he's technically too heavy for it, that's ok) and he's still in our bedroom, at least until after we get back from Colorado. I'd hate to get him used to the crib and then put him back in the PNP for 10 days. So far so good, knock on wood!
Finally, there are a few other smaller things that have been nipping at my mood lately, but nothing really worth bringing up. I'm sure it will leave me alone sooner or later.
Little man has his 6 month check up coming up next week and he's going to be 6 months old in a matter of a few short days. I can't believe that 6 months ago, technically I was logging contractions and wondering if I would be going to the hospital soon. It was super early labor, but still. And in a few days, it will be 6 months since I brought the most perfect little boy into my life and changed it forever. I'm SO lucky to have him. I can't imagine life without him AT ALL.
Forever growing, this boy of ours...
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment