So, we told my dad about us being pg and wow. That was the most disappointing person to tell. I would have thought he would be happy that I'm happy. But he gave me the same look you give your 15 year old daughter when she tells you she's pg. He gave me this look of "Here we go again" and quickly changed the subject after saying "Now stop your god damn stressing so that you don't lose this one too". My little brother on the other hand, was so excited to hear he's going to be an uncle that he was jumping up and down and screaming "WAHOO!!" My dad wanted to show off his newest ideas for flooring and all that so we walked around the dining room (as best you can around all the shit he's got every where) and tried to keep our interest in showing us that. I was too distracted by the smell of dog piss and the sight of at least 300 Navy emblems, planes, models, plaques, and the likes. He's seriously gone off his rocker. All he can talk about anymore is "had I known your mom was going to pull the shit she pulled when I got home after my time was up, I would have gotten back on that plane and re-enlisted. I kick myself all the time for not going back." Am I the only one who gets the vibe of *someone* wrecked his life? He constantly tells me "you are the only reason I stayed out of the Navy" "you are the reason I didn't die in that crash when you were 18 mos old" "you are the reason I stick around anywhere for long". WOW. Great way to make your oldest feel like the biggest mistake of your life. I had to tell my mom "I think Daddy's lost his mind" and she actually told me "Meg, I've been thinking that for 20 years. He's always been obsessed with the Navy. He was only in for a few years. He made his choice and telling you he made the wrong choice is him living in the past. He's going to lose out on a lot by living in the past like that." That's what has helped me decide what I want to say to him and Grandma Judy.
But on the more positive side, we have another pregnancy in the family now! Adam's aunt Melissa! She's the one who had the dream that we were pg together. She's about 4-5 weeks. I'm so excited and praying my ass off. I want someone to be big, hot, and tired with. I'm also starting to feel a lot better when I feel good. We have found some trails and local parks we can go for walks in. Feels good to get out and move!
Forever growing, this boy of ours...
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment